SPARK HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
i have a 2004 raptor 350 and it has no spark. it all started at my last race when id hit a hard rut my quad would cut out like it was not getting gas or there was junk in the gas. when the race was over i noticed that i was leaking oil out from where my front sprocket attaches to the motor. so when i get it home and started to find out why it was leaking i cleaned up the area real good from all the oil and put new oil back into the motor and i go to start my quad (to check why it was leaking oil) i wouldn't start. after look at my plug and figured out i had no spark. so i checked the coil but there was no power going to the coil on the orange wire that comes from the cdi box. i have power going to my cdi box but none coming out to the coil. I was told that my cdi must be shot and that i had to buy a new one. so i bought a new cdi box thinking that it would be the problem but that wasn't it. Any ideas? i remember that there is a safety sort of thing that if it was in gear it wouldn't start if the clutch was not pulled and or the parking brake will cut the engine if you gave it gas and it was engaged.. could any of these be causing this? and what about the reverse switch? any ideas or input would help out alot!! i have had this problem since my last race back on aug.4th and have not been able to ride since!!!

seriusly, change the spark plug
i had this same problem on my '87 quadsport
now i have a raptor tho :)
but i did all the same troubleshooting u did to find out the plug was faulty

thanks smartass! ive checked that :p

dude.. start ohming out coil, stator, ignition switch. everything that would cause a no spark. You can download the manual and they basically tell you how to do everything and by steps as well.

BTW: for somebody to come along and say, yup it's your coil replace it would be a complete guess. Sorry but my meter leads are only about 2 feet long.

[quote:31re9nug]thanks smartass! ive checked that :p

dude.. start ohming out coil, stator, ignition switch. everything that would cause a no spark. You can download the manual and they basically tell you how to do everything and by steps as well.

BTW: for somebody to come along and say, yup it's your coil replace it would be a complete guess. Sorry but my meter leads are only about 2 feet long.[/quote:31re9nug]

no i wasn't just told i had the guy come up and look things over that i race with and he said he had that problem on a warrior before. sorry i didn't mean to sound like some one just guessed that it was a cdi box.
i called a sled and cycle shop and told them the story and he said it sounds like it might be a the pick up coil wire err something like that. he told me to call after the holidays and they'd get it in to fix it. just want to get some ideas before i bring it to them.

i don't mean to sound like i don't know anything about quads... but this electrical **** can get quite confusing! i am mechanically inclined so id like to at least try..

download the warrior manual online.. if you do a search you will find the link that I found. This will tell you what you need to know and step by step information on how to check everything out.
This really is the best advise I can give you, any other and I would making a complete guess. There are like 5 or 6 components that are in that circuit...

Back