spark fuel compression no start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ove98tsi

Reaction score
my warrior was running fine then i came out next day to start it and it has no spark, so i replaced stator, cdi, and coil and now i have spark but it wont start it just backfires out the carb, i did have to wire in the stator because of it being the wrong plug style. could wiring the 3 white wires wrong be the cause of this?
please help

Im almost positive that those are just charge wires and dont really matter, Try and pull/push start it with another 4 wheeler or truck, if it fires then your stator that you have now is bad, there is 2 triggers on the stator one when you hit the start button/ low rpm, and theres one for high rpm. Do that and tell us what happens

tried push starting it today, the quad backfires very loud (my ears still hurt ) out the exhaust and shoots a flame ,but does not start,
anyone have ideas?

tested source coil- spec is 270-330 ohms. I have 310
tested pickup coil-spec is 171-209 ohms. i have 280

is this my problem?

Yeah if its out of spec then thats the problem.. you can get a decent stator off of ebay, or Rickystator.com, there a good company and the stators are only like 150$

replaced it and same thing.. starts with light throttle after backfireing out the carb then just backfires out the exhaust once it starts parrking switch has been disabled also

its possible that it might be out of time?...Just trying to think, You replaced it with a new stator?
Check the cam timming and go from there.

also sitting here giving it some more thought, you might need a vavle adjustment. Back firing out of the carb and intake, sounds like vavles are staying open. Start with the timming like I said before, if that checks out check the vavle lash

valves are set at intake- 003 exhaust- 006 which is in spec.
timing was off very little i moved one tooth back and now timing is dead on, but i still have the same problem

did you replace the stator with another used one? im not sure thats your problem but i know the warriors are very picky with the stator and cdi box, and if you spliced in a stator that could be the problem. you said the parking brake switch was unhooked already, what about the clutch switch?

stator was replaced with a used ricky stator- i can confirm the stator was on a running quad it had the wrong plug style so i had to wire it in. could it still be this although sometimes it starts and runs good for a few seconds
cdi was replaced with one from rm stator

DSWwarrior350 said:
if your pickup coil checked out bad why havent you replaced it? Doesnt sound like a stator problem to me.
i did replace it

did u ever figure out the problem my warrior is doing the exact same thing.

DSWwarrior350 said:
if your pickup coil checked out bad why havent you replaced it? Doesnt sound like a stator problem to me.

Pickup coil is on the stator. Igntion coil on the frame.
Sounds like you have the 2 wires on the pickup coil backwards. You should try reversing them. (I believe there red and white on rickys part)

Back