Sooo..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noobwithawarrior

Reaction score
So im pretty new here. Just bought a warrior and am in love with this site. Im not gonna "offically start" the build untill i get some more funds lol. should be soon. and when i was stripping down the quad this happend. Iv been told to weld a bolt on and back it out. Ok no problem, but it looks pretty caked on.. and after i get it out then what?? does a local hardware store have a extra mount thing, dk what its called. but it should just back out and be threads on each side right?? soo lost ha

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 27
yea man lock some vice grips on that sucker and turn, it'll come out

^ X2 there is enough sticking out to use a visegrips. Personally I'd spay the hell out of it with some penitrating oil and let it sit then spray some more

ook, ill try that tomorrow.. i had stud first but i woulda felt like a tard if it wasnt stud and didnt want to sound like a douche pretending i knew what i was talking about haha.. were can i get another.. or can i just back it out enough to just leave it as is and still be able to bolt the exaust on

You should be able to get on at an autoparts store, when I boke mine I got one from an atv shop

The local dealer around her just shut down.. dk what happend. they might have moved. but im going to look for another near by because i need all new hardware for my carb.. its sitting in peices as of now because iv got a problem with stripping everything i can get my hands on lol

and i went EVERYWERE. spent a hole day driving around to stores like autozone. "advanced" autozone, ect. all they had that fit were bolts that came in a pack of 4 for 5 bucks.. not happenin

Another idea Ive used to get them out is to force a socket smaller than the stud on. It works 2 ways. The forcing it on jars it back and forth and the smaller socket in a 12 point grips quite well.

i have one laying around my house if u really needed one.

Look online for a fastener supply near your area......
Like Fastenal......http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

Your Chain Parts stores will not have the stud you need as you know...
You need to find an Independent Parts Store/Hardware.....with
"Dorman" brand fastener drawers.

I would apply a little heat to the surrounding aluminum with a MAPP gas
torch before locking on the Vice Grips.....be careful not to heat the stud
itself too much.....

Good Luck,
Jebby

whoooaaa thats EXACTLY what i was looking for, iv never hurd of Fastenal befor but thats great. I put my zip in and theres like 6 around here. Thanks alot. Im suree ill be going to that store aton, seeing how i strip EVERYTHING lol

in vest in a can of PB blaster too. Let things soak for a bit before you try to back stuff off. I strip stuff out a lot too, or well use to.

in vest in a can of PB blaster too. Let things soak for a bit before you try to back stuff off. I strip stuff out a lot too, or well use to.

+1 if you can get it out just soaking it with Blaster...do so....
Heat will do it for sure....but don't get overzealous with the torch...
seen a lot of stuff destroyed in my time by misuse of heat....
The biggest thing you have to know is to apply it EVENLY....constantly
moving the torch.....

Peace,
Jebby

Alright, im about to go out now. I think iv got some blaster, im probably gonna jam a socket onto it like 98 said.. that sounds like a pretty good idea i think.

Back