Some ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkustom

Reaction score
Ok. I'm going to probably sound dumb but I'm new to all this quad stuff. What's the honest purpose of cutting the plastic. Is it just for looks or does it do something with wind resistance?

Question two how are you guys going about attaching the headlight deletes that you are making? I haven't seen a good enuff pic of one to see how they are attached.

I guess that's all I have for now. I'm sure I will have tons of dumb questions as I get more into this. Thanks for any and all answers in advance.

Most people do it for looks but some people that are really into racing say that it helps with wind resistance. Not sure how true that is though. A lot of people like myself with aftermarket lights make their own brackets to mount them but some lights (cant think of the brand) come with brackets so you can mount them on the handlebars or on the frame by the front bumper.

yeah i just cut my plastics because i honestly think it looks kickass
lol

I cut mine so i could see where my front tires were at. I hate not being able to see them, and to be honest with the huge warrior fenders it felt like i was on a ute haha. And last but not least... i also think it looks kickass haha.

And if you want a headlight cover you will have to make it out of sheet aluminum. They attach to the plastic using machine screws if im correct.

I did mine for Seeing where my tires are at.. And why not It looks KICK ASS yay.. i cut mine like DSW did because he is also kick ass.

i cut mine so i could see the tires, no more running into ****, sure you get a little more muddy but hey your offroad, your gonna get muddy anyways....and the light brackets are home made and the gap covers can be attached with rivets or with the stock brakcet

this is my cover i made bolting it to the stock bracket(ollldddd pic)
000_01141.jpg

this is a new one we made that was gonna go on with rivets

000_0316.jpg

than this is what it looks like now (i never got to putting that on)(most recent pic)

000_0436.jpg

sorry for jackin your thread, maby this will help?

Thanks for the answers guys. I have a new question now tho. Does removing the air box lid make any difference.

Yes, not super dramatic, but yes it does make a difference.
That is why most jet kits have a base setting for with the stock box, and a base setting for no lid.

Latest posts

Back