Some thing to do if your board!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
Plus it will help me out.... :D
i have a 2004 raptor350 (mods already included in sig)
i have $1100 buring a hole in my pocket and want to possibly upgrade the quad. Im thinking about new suspension for xc racing and something to give it more power. it already has a HMF slip on exhuast but i dont not have a pro flow filter (coming soon). I was thinking about the 397 stroker kit by wisco or the edelbrock carb. which one do you think will be better preformance wise and where would be a good place to buy these at? also suspension... Any names your recommend and where to get those also??
thanks...

yea you could get that stroker crank and piston from wiseco or the JE 366 kit and the quiksilver carb is pricey like $370 but if you buy a used z-400 carb on ebay and fit that to work youll save money plus youll have a choke,elka,works suspension wicked a-arms there is so many choices....just look at peoples signatures to see whats popular and ask them about it if you want cuz theres so many choices...lol

Suspension- go with elka, PEP, or tcs shocks.

I would go with the stroker kit and leave the carb stock for now, as the stroker kit will make a bigger difference. And also get a pro design intake.

Been down this road before and boy does that money burn so hot that it burns your leg too haha. Honestly I would go for the suspension. With better handling characteristics you will feel like you have more power since you are able to use more of it in the turns and whoops and what not since you suspension will allow you stay on the throttle rather than slowing down for terrain that your current suspension can not handle.

Personally I would stay away from Elka. PEP is great stuff as well as Fox Floats.

The suspension in the front and a new set of slightly wider arms would be a great upgrade. Any set of offset rims will correct the wider front so don't worry about the axle. I would just wait till it needs the rebuild for a stroker kit. Any form of carb or rev box will do wonders as well. Damn, you have a 12 tooth front sprocket?! You'll want a 14 tooth once you get the suspension. ;D

97warriorrider said:
kingraptor when are you going to show up to the WNYOA races? Today at jasper was a muddy one..I placed 3rd
yeah i know i missed but ive been really busy with finishing college up for the year and getting some ride time in before i go to a race... i havent rode my quad in like 6 months because of the electrical problem i had.. but no worries ill be at the next one... if not ill deff. be at beaten trails, IDR and some of the other ones... kingferry is a very harsh track so i dont know if im going to that one.. but who knows... oh and btw my number is now 627 :p

Yeah im not sure if im going to wayne county yet or not..its like 180 miles each way..with a truck that gets 10mpg. yeah kingferry is pretty bad but racin's racin

Back