Some More Problems. Yay!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCassell

Reaction score
Alright you guys heres whats up. This has happened a couple times now and it prevents me from riding. So it needs to be fixed. Ill start the Warrior and let it warm up and all and ill start riding it. After about 30 minutes from crank up, itll just lose power all together and die. Ill try to crank it but to no avail. So I have to turn the key completely off and wait about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes or so, itll crank right up and I can ride it about 10 foot and itll die again and itll just keep repeating this process. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Interesting....I'd do two things, check compression and clean the carb and make sure the float is set correct. It almost sounds like its running out of fuel and over enough time the fuel bowl gathers enough fuel to start it. If its overnight or days then it would totally fill the bowl and therefore explain why it will run for a bit at 1st. These things will idle for several minutes on a bowl of fuel.

Let me also suggest this, remove the line from the carb and open the fuel valve to make sure you have sufficient flow to the carb. Do that 1st, it'll take 3mins.

Is the spark plug old? Replace that if it is that's what happened to me and a new plug fixed it to think its a NGK DR8EA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like its the stator. test it right when it dies. if it goes outta spec right then, replace it.

I feel like its the stator. test it right when it dies. if it goes outta spec right then, replace it.

What I was thinking, heat can affect these kind of parts, sounds like when it heats up to operating temp it fails. Which is not uncommon on electrical parts.

Back