SOLENOID CLICKING

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raunchyblount

Reaction score
SOLENOID CLICKING does this mean that it is working or is it bad i can cross it like with a screw driver and it turns over and cranks.just wanted to make sure. i know what else to do by reading the other threads just wanted to make sure the solenoid working.
thanks for any info if any more is required let me know

Is it just clicking when you push the starter button, or is it more like buzzing? If it just clicks when you push the button, but the starter doesn't try to turn you probably have a bad solenoid.

If the solenoid is buzzing when you hit the starter button most likely the solenoid is fine, and you either have a bad connection somewhere, or a weak battery.

YamaRider just wanted to say you were right the relay is gone. got new one and it fired right up.so when it goes to clicking it is gone

also the clicking can mean the battery is dead....... just not enough juice to start, i had the same prob recently

my 99 warrior just clicks when i try to start it. I have replaced the solinoid & the batt is showing over 12V. Seems to have a good ground also. I can have another 4 wheeler pull me & it'll jump start,yet using a screwdriver across the solinoid bolts does nothing. Lights work fine both running & not. I cant seem to find the problem. Any other ideas......something I havnt thought of?

If it clicks just once when you hit the start button, it is your starter.

Ouch...I was afraid of that. Can it be rebuilt? Or is it just better to buy a new one?

You can open it up and clean it out, but buying a new one may be your best bet, and it will assure you that it will last longer, but it will set you back 50-70 bucks.

It depends on what's wrong with the one you have. Under normal wear the brushes will wear out, and these can be replaced for pretty cheap. But if a winding burned up or something else like that you'll just have to get a new one.

If you cross the top of the solenoid then the problem is almost always the solenoid itself. All that does is bypass it and starts it direct. If the battery is weak or not making a good connection it may turn but be very slow.. usually not enough to start it.

Did you read through this thread before you posted? Try some of these troubleshooting techniques first and see what you find out (like try jumping out the solenoid and see if the starter runs or not)

Back