snow

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
were finally getting some snow. supposed to get around 30 centimeters.... but now on the news it says around a foot so I don't know. enough for riding with the warrior, and in the country there will be snow drifts since it's windy

hopefully I can go out riding tomarrow... and hopefully the battery isn't dead. my dad called my uncle and told him to hook up the battery charger for a bit. but it will need a new battery soon.

is there anything I should do after im done riding to prevent anything bad from happening? I won't be riding on any salt, since in the country I will be riding on uncles farm and not the road.

I should get the camera charged and bring it along and maybe my dad can record some stuff

can't wait to see how much we get, and can't wait till I get to rip in the snow. I didn't do it last winter

When you park it, if you can, try and store it in a heated garage so nothing will freeze up or rust out.

Since I already went through some pretty damn deep stuff a few weeks ago, I have alot of advice. First off, don't go through anything much deeper than near the middle of the rear sprocket because you'll most likely get stuck. If you're riding through deep stuff, stand on the grab bar with both legs like you're about the wheelie and push down on it repeatedly so that the rear end will move up and down, that gives much better grip. And watch the hell out for ice. Especially in moving parts. When you ride through snow, the hot parts melt it and if freezes again when it touches something cold. After one ride I had a giant chink of ice on my axle right under the pipe, my rear shock rezzie was covered in ice, and almost all of the exposed parts on the frame were covered in ice. I was riding through really wet snow though, which sometimes turned into small hail so that was the biggest problem. And yea, keep it in a heated garage, I parked mine overnight in my non-heated garage and the tires actually froze to the floor.

But once you get past the deep snow eveything's fun. Check out the video I posted in the videos section. :p

well she sits in a big barn, thats not heated. dirt floor. but it's not heated.

I don't think it will be that deep, out in the wide open county there will be snow drifts so in some spots you will probably be able to see some grass.

but anyways, thanks for the tips

I checked out your video, it looks pretty sweet, but I'll have to go watch it again

Oh you're lucky, here we get at least 20cm per night if it snows. Some places are already knee-deep. Where are you in Ontario anyway?

im in leamington, 4 hours south of Toronto

it's snowing, but it's supposed to snow like hell from midnight to noon tomarrow or something. so they said 30 centimeters and some other news said a foot, but probably around 30 centimeters.

we haven't got much snow these past years. haven't rode the snowmobile since theres not enough and it's been 3 or 4 years since I've rode the snowmobile.

****, maybe we could get the snowmobile running.

1982 Yamaha 340 Exciter

----------------------------------

and yeah, your lucky, anywhere around Toronto gets a hell of a lot more snow then we do here..... my cousin lives close to London and last year that got quite a bit

Wow that's pretty far south. But Toronto is nothing compared to the area a bit south of london. They get a shitload, so does the barrie/orangville area. And once you get up to north bay, forget about it. I've seen alot places with waist deep snow there. That sucks for you though, I always get snow, but I did notice it's been less and less every year.

well we at least have 8 inches, almost a foot, and it's not supposed to stop until supper time. so at least a foot by then

but the sad thing is...... my dad doesn't want to go out because the roads are really bad

on the news they said that this is probably the most weve had in 8 years or so....

Barrie always gets a **** load

maybe if I don't have school tomarrow, since my dad is on vacation we can go out riding

it's windy so in the country there will probably be snow drifts and places where it's not that deep so it should be okay for the warrior

Wow that's pretty far south. But Toronto is nothing compared to the area a bit south of london. They get a shitload, so does the barrie/orangville area. And once you get up to north bay, forget about it. I've seen alot places with waist deep snow there. That sucks for you though, I always get snow, but I did notice it's been less and less every year.

Yeh north bay gets a lot. We can get a easy 6 feet of snow and 10 foot snow banks. Newfoundland is crazy amounts of snow.

Well it's not gonna stop snowing until tuesday, so where my warrior is (between orangeville and barrie) it's gonna be snowed in, which means no riding until the roads are clear.

I really want to go riding...... even if it's too deep for the warrior I just want to get out..... I hate being stuck in the house with nothing good to do. if we went and it was too deep, we could try to get our snomobile running at least..... but the roads are covered. they're working on the main roads now.

but in the country it would be all snow and it's windy so even if the plows plowed the roads they would be covered.

and my dad drove my mom to work this morning because she doesn't like driving in this stuff..... even though she has a JEEP.... but my dad said you couldnt' tell where the road was, some places it looked the same from peoples yards all the way to the road.

maybe around 1 or 2 if the plows come by I can ask my dad again..... it's 11:14 right now

but man..... I love snow

I'm getting typical central Jersey weather, started out as sleet, layed down a layer of ice about 1.5 inches, then turned to all rain and the ice is just about washed away, were still expected at least another inch of rain today. Temp is holding at 40°F. About 20 miles north west of me they got like 8 inches so far.

Yea we're getting alot here right now. I live at the top of a steep hill and as you can imagine, not many people in the city has 4x4's, so almost everybody gets stuck. I just saw a BMW sliding down the hill sideways. :p No plows yet, it takes them a while to get here.

no riding today.... snow stopped at like 2:30

me and my dad had to drop my uncle off at the hospital to see our grandma, then we went down some of the side streets to see how deep it was (dad was driving my moms 2004 jeep grand cherokee rocky mountain) and we went into one parking lot, it was so deep that the snow was touching the under side of the truck.

the truck isn't that high, but usually we don't get that much snow.

im praying that we don't have school tomarrow.

Sounds like a big clean up, I'd doubt you'll have school, unless they are adament about getting it cleaned up and working through the night.

we just had a big ice/snow storm in missouri theres a ton of ice on power lines like enough the there breaking and theres tons of tree limbs in our yard from the ice collecting on them and they are just snapping its awsome for the warrior though like 7-8 inches of snow

We just recieved a bit over a foot yesterday so I went for a good rip on the roads. I love having 6th pinned in deep snow and throwing a monster snow roost to the admiration of all my neighbours.

Latest posts

Back