Snow tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey all, I was not planning on being in Buffalo when I bought my HD's. Will this type of tire suckass in the snow, if so, what tires have you found work well?
Thanks

the hds work fine in the snow, i dont have any problems and they are nice cause if you wanna kick up some roost you can pitch it sideways no problem

5th gear 360's....sooo much fun, especially at night

I have always used Pro Wedge II in the snow. They last 4ever. I bought them for my 200x 3-wheeler a really long time ago and they still look like new. They are a 2-ply tire and really light. They are awesome in the snow. They float really well with great traction and do not "dig" in the snow like most of your knobbies will. They throw awesome roosters too.

They work really well in sand too and do not mind going over some hard packed soil to get to the sandy stuff.

They do not make the Pro Wedge II anymore but the exact same tire with some improvements is made by AMS and called the Zipper.
http://www.amstires.com/productDetails.jsp?product_group_id=1913&category_id=1185

We had Pure Sport Realtor's back in 1997 for mudding and snow riding.

Everyone has their opinion's on different item's, but these tire's are just awsome.

The 22x12-10 weight's 24.18lbs and the 25x12-9 weight's 26.81lbs. Yes they are heavy tire's but they get the job done in Mud, Sand or Snow, even HardPack.

At Dennis Kirk they are $115.99 for the 9's and $85.99 for the 10's, yes i also know that you can find those tire's cheaper on e-bay or another website, but i'm just going by the DennisKirk Price's because that's where i mostly shop at.

BTW, i didnt even know they had those Tire's at DennisKirk till just now when i seen the mention of Snow Tires and remember'd what we use to have, if they wasnt so heavy, id be buying them to run MX.

I have always used Pro Wedge II in the snow. They last 4ever. I bought them for my 200x 3-wheeler a really long time ago and they still look like new. They are a 2-ply tire and really light. They are awesome in the snow. They float really well with great traction and do not "dig" in the snow like most of your knobbies will. They throw awesome roosters too.

They work really well in sand too and do not mind going over some hard packed soil to get to the sandy stuff.

They do not make the Pro Wedge II anymore but the exact same tire with some improvements is made by AMS and called the Zipper.
http://www.amstires.com/productDetails.jsp?product_group_id=1913&category_id=1185

how do they hold up on ice and occasional pavement?

[quote:zqpvz1zk]I have always used Pro Wedge II in the snow. They last 4ever. I bought them for my 200x 3-wheeler a really long time ago and they still look like new. They are a 2-ply tire and really light. They are awesome in the snow. They float really well with great traction and do not "dig" in the snow like most of your knobbies will. They throw awesome roosters too.

how do they hold up on ice and occasional pavement?[/quote:zqpvz1zk]

I always tried to keep them off of the pavement, just not enough surface area there making contact with the pavement, I think it would shred them pretty fast and of course they are not meant for pavement.

They hook up really well on ice, almost too well though, makes the sliding 360's and 720's kinda tough to do.

But for the snow, what they are specifically made for, they are awesome. Just like paddle tires for the sand, but with a lot more wedges to really hook up in the snow.

a friend of mine has a set of zippers he puts on the back of his yfz in the winter, he loves them. i've never used them though just going by what he says.

Latest posts

Back