Smoking Wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleajunkietom

Reaction score
So last weekend my 2000 Wolverine ccaught on fire and was basically totaled. It was a gas fire and I still can't figure out what the hell went wrong. Me and my boys basically stripped the whole thing down. I searched Craigs list for another quad the same year. I found a bunch in New Jersey where I am from but they were all 3k and up. I found one in Kentucky that needed some work for $1,000. I called the guy and told him it would cost me 200 for gas so he sold it to me for 800. Drove to Kentucky 24 hour round trip one day. I felt like I was picking up a long lost brother of my quad. LOL. Anyway I got it and cleaned it up. Took a bunch of stuff of of the stripped down one and now I have a complete quad. However this one smokes like a bitch needs valve seals or rings. Problem is I was having a problem taking off the head on the old bike and I don't want to dig into this one till I figure out the old one fist. That engine was perfect. I ordered a manual and and a full gasket kit and I should have it in a few days. Can anyone tell me how the hell to get the head off??? Even with the old engine off of the bike I just can't get it. I have done this with Hondas many times but that was when I was 18 or so. I will post some pics soon.

Back