smokes when warming up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjim

Reaction score
hey guys :) ok got my quad all back together. took out that megacycles cam and put my stock cam back in. still stock carb. new plug, oil and filter, k&n filter all bolts are torq. to spec. it starts greats it fires right up but when its warming up it smokes. it dont smell like burning oil !!! but once it warms out it goes away untill i get in to full throttle. its a blueish color smoke. im thinking it has to do with carb or carb setting, am i on the right track ????????:loco:

In my past experience blue smoke has always meant oil. If it does it while warming up I might look into the valve seals.
Black is usually fuel.
Or do you have a lot of blow bye coming out of the crankcase vent? The engine could be sucking it in from there.
Just a couple thoughts.

Just a question, which megacycles cam did you have? And why did you remove it? I've got a 252x1 I was thinking of installing.

Mine smokes the same when it sits for a few days, i just assumed valve seals. It's fine once it runs for a few minutes.

great help guys like always, i will dig in to it soon......

it was a megacycles 252x2 .450 cam

Back