slipping clutch?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashnburn

Reaction score
So ive been noticing my rpms climb a little bit when im going up a hill or when im at WOT, never paid to much attention to it untill this morning. It seems to be slipping pretty good 3-6 gears now it wants to rev up then take off kinda like a stal converter. Ive been looking around on here an some people say not to use automotive oil to only use ATV oil im running 10-40w oil just from advance (not there cheap brand thought) so im not sure if its the oil im using sence its a wet clutch, or if i need a new clutch. Theres dosent seem to be to many companies selling them i seen Moose,EBC, Barrnet, an Tusk has anyone had any cons or pros to which? my current set up is hmf pipe, jetted carb, K&N filter with modded air box, an a 14t- 40t gearing. Any help is gona be great thanks.

Driveline performance is my favorit you get them off ebay they are the best so have you checked to see if you have propper slack in the clutch lever?

Ive got a barnett. Its pricey but best I've ever ran. Its a hell of a product. People like the EBC dirt digger, but I burnt thru one in a matter of months. Im gunna stick with the barnetts from now on.

Alright I check them out. No I wasn't gona tear it apart untill I get a FSM or a warrior manual, im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to automotive but never hurts to have one. I looked at the barrnet clutchs there kinda pricey. I should probably plan ahead for future mods but nothing to crazy mild cam pnp an .20-.40 over bore with 10-1 or so compression. I just never messed with clutchs like these an don't know what to go with.

You can just get the disk pack, no need for the whole basket and such that they sell. Scower flee bay.

You could go with the "add the extra plate" and heavy duty springs. It’s a little less of an expense. Just my thoughts. But, if your going to replace it...and ride hard. Barnett is the way to go.

So would tusk be outa the question then? Go with something alil better in quality an reliability? How's your thoughts on the EBC clutch?

Also has anyone had bad experience with royal purple 10-40 in there quads never used it in an atv

I haven’t tried any of those. But know a few that use the EBC dirt digger. Get the heavier spring though. Also, check your basket. They will be grooves on the sides were the plates sit. Take the extra time and a fine file and smooth them out.

Alright sounds good an ill be sure to check the basket. I had planned on getting the heavier springs as well. Thanks your help guys

Back