Slight hesitation off idle?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Well I was getting prepped for the weekend ride today and noticed a serious hesitation off idle(its been fine for weeks no problems whatsoever). When the revs are up a bit more its fine and it runs great all thru the gears. Is there a fuel air screw somewhere that might need adjustment? I ripped the carb off and made sure it was clean, spraying every orrifice/jet/needle out with carb cleaner untill a steady stream was visible(man it was fckn dirty) put her all back together and only when you pop it wide open from a dead idle does it stumble a bit. Spark plugs new wire looks ok (its an 87 what doesnt look old) Im stumped.

It seems to run real strong other than the stumble off idle any ideas?

An off-idle hesitation is unavoidable with a stock carb, no matter how good it's set up, but if it got noticably worse i'd check the accelerator pump, that's supposed to give a quick shot of fuel when the throttle is opened quickly, and they are the most unreliable piece of the stock carb.

Understood, I figured it was normal. It had just poured ass rain and I think it may have been a little moist. Seems normal now after a few minutes running.

Back