Skid Plates?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotaz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience comparing the different skid plates that are available? Any experience with any at all?

I have all the skid plates from yamaha, a-arms, diff and belly skid. Plus I have the radiator guard as well.

They were about the only ones available at the time when I got my wolvy. But I love them and they are VERY durable.

Do you guys with the Yami plates get any rattling/buzzing sounds or have any complaints at all?

Hey Rob. I got the Yamaha A-arm plates and the differential plate for the my daughters 350. Still haven't gotten it out on the trails yet, so no operational feedback for you. I will say they seem to be well made and easy to install....I had my daughter install them (with me supervising). As for the belly plate, the stock plate is plastic but of a pretty good thickness, so I decided that I would go with it and see how it did before going to the expense of getting the Yamaha belly plate. The stock plates should be okay since my kids mainly ride trails and don't get into many rocks. I did run across a post on this forum about various after market plates along with their prices...I'll try to find it again and let you know.

I will send pics after the first camping trip.

Nope but I ment to pm you again.
As a suggestion whatever you go with put a little blue loctite on the threads to keep the bolts from backing out.

Rob, I found the post/ article I mentioned. Maybe you've seen it already. Anyway, If you go to the woodwarrior home page(woodwarrior.com) and look under "reviews" you'll see it.

I have not had any rattling. I destroyed the stock plastic belly plate with in 3 rides. The aluminium yamaha belly plate has held up beautifully.

LOL....well so much for my logic on keeping the original belly plate! Thanks for the info!

Well, lots of people over on the 700XX site favor plastic because it's quiet. In fact, several have gone from metal back to plastic. That's why I ask that question. I think you're fine waiting to see how it works out first before you throw the money at new ones. You have a good idea to go with the A-arm and diff plates first. That's what I'm going to do. I'll just hope my girl doesn't find out the hard way that we made a mistake before yours does. :) LOL!

Right on!
Rob, check out my albums. I put up some other pics besides "my rig". I haven't gotten any of the new Wolverine yet, but will add those soon.

I have had no problems using the factory aluminum plates, and would buy the exact same ones if I ever need new ones.

I made a belly plate out of a stop sign for mine. It's not pretty, but it works good. Buzzes a little, but since it was free, I can't complain.

I made a belly plate out of a stop sign for mine. It's not pretty, but it works good. Buzzes a little, but since it was free, I can't complain.

:D
I've got a 15 m.p.h. sign if you want to make a arm plates and a no parking sign if you want for a diff plate! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back