single best mod????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rappy clutch mod is a great one. I replaced all of it, clutch perch, shorty lever, pro motion cable and linkage. Huge difference in pull. Yes a great mod.:tup:

Last edited:
I haven't done the clutch swap, but I think we should have a poll on what is the best non engine mod. Between pegs, shifters, coolers, etc... it'd be cool to see what everyone has to say. Honestly they are all pretty close in my book. If I could only choose 1 in real life, I'd probably go with the cooler. As much as I love my pegs, the cooler extends oil life and subsequently clutch and overall engine life/wear. And looks sweet as hell! The pegs and shifter are hard to beat though. It's great to not have all that shifter slop and ball socket failure on the trail, but the wider pegs are the ****. So many choices... Glad I have em all, lol!

Now thats where I dissagree. Shocks and tires are more upgrades in my eyes. And tires are more of a maintinance item almost. Shocks and tires are something every bike has and as long as the shock length will work for your bike it'll bolt in (usually). But, to add something (not replace) and make it work or do some fab work is a mod. The direct shifter is a bit of both, more of an upgrade for those that don't have a big bear cooler or pull start. But, have pull start and big bear cooling and some fab work is required. Just how I see it.

Agreed. The shifter is more of an upgrade than a mod, unless you bend, weld, or make fit, then in my mind it becomes a mod. (Modified) YZ250 shifter = upgrade. Just my asshole talking( that are like opinions).

Made some air scoops last night. Haven't had a chance to bolt them up yet. I think these and a oil cooler are in my near future.

A hotcams, S1 or 2, or a webcam... something that you can use without changing valves and springs.

i have to say oil cooler coupled with a yz250 shifter. way better shifting and cooling than stock. other things aren't really a necessity to me.

The stock balloons sucked for handling but when they were new they went alot better in the mud IMO.

Flipped wheels for me... changed the way i rode.

Yeah if you just bolt on a shifter and go it's an upgrade. But do like I did and get a shifter, cut the pinch splines off, bend the shifter, reweld it, it becomes more of a mod. Even the big bear cooler is 40% mod 60% upgrade, becuase it uses factory parts and all you have to do is mount the cooler and run the lines. Now, the clutch cover cooler is 60ish% mod and 40ish% upgrade, because you have to modify the clutch cover for it to even work. And, you do need hd springs with a web cam, the ramp is to agressive for the stockers.

Latest posts

Back