Sidewinder Smart Chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1994warrior

Reaction score
Hey,
I have searched on here and checked product reviews, but don't see anything on this chain. Only search result is of someone who was using one with no review. Its available at http://www.sidewindersprockets.com. It's a "self lubricating smart chain" I was wondering if any one has any opinion on this chain. I am in need of a new chain, and saw this in the link section of the forum. I have seen the product reviews of the other chains, and if this is no good I will go with one of those!!

personally I wouldn't touch the sidewinder chain with a 10 foot pole.

Go with a a chain that you'll get your money's worth like a DID or Renthal

^ Why not Deuce? I'll read more about them tonight when I have time. So far everything sounds good. I'd be interested in trying one out. What pitch would I need though?

At first I was skeptical of it, but now I did some reviews. Some people say it is a great chain and lasts them forever. The downside to the chain is its weight, due to being made with bigger pins and over-sized it will just be more mass to rotate.

You also have to buy their sprockets to run it, because of the cuts in the teeth for it to mesh up properly.

Here is a good read on it from someone that installed it on their bike.
http://www.wrrdualsport.com/reviews-intro/bikeparts/80-sidewinder

dead.. unless youve done a sprocket conversion of some sort .....the picthyoull need is 520..

and by conversion i dont mean changing how many teeth you run ... the 520 is what is on most all atvs...

some motorcycles run 530's...but yea youll need a 520x98<which is stock for the warrior unless you have bigger sprockets ... you may wanna go 520x100 or 102 ...etc... you can always cut it

I wouldnt buy it , not if I have to use there sprockets . Self lubricating HAHAHAHAHA ! Thats what she said !

Back