shopping for back shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We1Dont7Die

Reaction score
I really dont know what to look for when it comes to shocks. I just need to replace mine because its saggy. Not sure about the gas canister attached to it...can i fix the shock or is it probably toast? seems the adjusting rings are compressing the spring as much as they will be able to go.

the seals in side are prob done for. does it have oil leaking from it? if ur looking for more performance get a banshee shock. you'll have to mod the airbox a bit to fit the piggyback resivoir but its def. better then the stocker. its got compression,rebound and preload adjustments...

I really dont want to modify the air box. Whats the best shock to get which will just bolt right on?

well if im not mistaken the stock shocks can be rebuilt... or you could go with Works for the rear and it would perform better than stock

If you want to bolt back up, just get a used stock shock. Its gunna be cheaper then any rebuilt. 01 660 shock will go on, but lifts the rear just slightly. Banshee rear is the best way to go, unless you can afford an aftermarket rear.

I was thinking of something a bit better than the stock shock.
From what ive seen Works is so expensive its ludicrous. seriously who pays that much for a single goddamn shock?

The 01 660 Raptor shock requires aiirbox modification no? Does the Banshee bolt right on with no mod? also what year banshee shock will work?

Last edited:
Pretty much anyone who is really into quads, or every racer. Shock are expensive for a reason. Tons of technology goes into them. Stock is just about as simple as you can get with some exceptions. The smoother the ride, the less fatigue on the rider and the better the control = the longer and faster you can ride.

Not really trying to race. I trail ride mostly and am just looking for a simple bolt on replacement (no mods required) for the stock that could possibly perform better.

I was thinking of something a bit better than the stock shock.
From what ive seen Works is so expensive its ludicrous. seriously who pays that much for a single goddamn shock?

The 01 660 Raptor shock requires aiirbox modification no? Does the Banshee bolt right on with no mod? also what year banshee shock will work?

the 01 raptor 660 shock will bolt right up with no airbox mods but if memory serves me right you have to figure out how to mount the resivor.

any year banshee will bolt right up with no mods to the mounting points, just the air box needs clearance for the ressie. you could just heat the air box up with a heat gun and bend it so it clears it all the way thru its travel, or just cut the bottom of the air box off and rivet a piece of metal or aluminum to cover up the hole.... easy as that.

Thanx guys but i really don't want to mod my airbox. I'm looking on ebay and some stock shocks have the reservoir and the tube that connects them and some are just the shock...why some with and some without?

hmmm not sure why. unless they had them rebuilt and didnt put the ressie back on?? which i dont know y they would cause the extra volume of the ressie helps keep the oil cool inside....

If its without id be Leary of the post. That or is a single front shock listed wrong or for something completely different. All rears have a rezzie.

If Raptor 350 shocks are interchangable, I would probably go with one of them, because they are newer, and less likely to be worn out.

The banshee shock mod to the airbox is about as easy to do as bolting on that stock resvoir to the frame.... just sayin. Just look for a shock that looks new....either way you could end up getting another one thats worn out or blown.

works will rebuild the shock with their components for cheap.... at least cheaper than new aftermarket shocks and they are supposed to perform like a works shock, this is what i hear though havent had it done yet

Latest posts

Back