Shock rebuilding

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bart

Reaction score
I have a warrior with the rear shock totally gone. Has anyone on here rebuilt one before? I'm a little worried about the proper tooling to handle the spring preload. Where would one even buy the seals and stuff? I called a salvage yard, they priced one at 45$ But how can I know if it will be good and even then I would probably need to mess around with getting a nitrogen shot and then it may fail soon anyway. I know on my RM 250 the rear went bad after a huge jump and the back tire wanted to bounce over the front so it isn't something that's safe to ride like that.

Might be better buying another rear shock or upgrading to banshee or 2001 raptor 660 rear shock

I would like to just upgrade to a banshee altogether! I love that two stroke power. If I do find one for a banshee is it direct fit? I'm not bad mouthing the warrior though, they are fast enough , easy to ride , easier to maintain than most ATV's. The perfect ATV for anyone that likes to trail ride and go fast as well.

You have to mod the airbox in order to clear the external reservoir of the banshee shock. There should be a thread on here explaining the procedure. Most people I believe just heat up the airbox and then push it in a little bit for clearance. But other than that yes its a direct fit.

warrior shocks are not rebuildable. banshee shocks are a great way to improve performance without busting the bank and they are rebuildable

I am going to get a banshee shock for it. But I do want to know how to rebuild them. I have one on a 2001 Suzuki RM250 GNCC race bike that I busted and know I can't afford to replace it. And I just want to know for the future.

Bart on Youtube Maultech show several different shock rebuilds and so does Elka, same concepts. Most use a higher flowing piston, new seals, fluids. and spacers if needed.

Latest posts

Back