Shock Covers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Reaction score
Is anyone using shock covers? If so, how do you like it or not like it?

The places we ride at in PA are coal areas and that dust is just nasty!
Fun..but nasty and I was thinking it would be best to try and keep that
dust out of the shocks the best I could.

Dan

I would think that dust would tear up everything especially boots and seals.

where do you ride?

i ride coal mines once in a while in the nothern part of the Poconos but im looking to buy a permit for the reading anthracite company since its legal there.

coal dust is very abrasive and can damage bearings and other components so shock covers wouldnt be a bad idea.

where do you ride?

I ride coal mines once in a while in the nothern part of the Poconos but im looking to buy a permit for the reading anthracite company since its legal there.

coal dust is very abrasive and can damage bearings and other components so shock covers wouldnt be a bad idea.

I ride often in White Haven, PA just off of I80 and the North East Extension of the PA turnpike. The people I ride with are from NJ as well. We ride the hills all around Freeland to be more specific. I'll be going to get my RAC permit as well this spring and the other site I'm on has a ton of members that ride there often. As a matter of fact a bunch are riding in Treverton tomorrow but I've got a head cold and under the weather.

Dan

Are they bad for holding in heat. Thats the only downfall I could think of. I don't even know if shocks put off any heat but I was wondering if all the up and down friction would cause them to heat up and the covers in turn hold in the heat. I doubt it would be a problem but just wondering. We ride in tons of mud this time of year so I thought they would be a smart investment.

I called Shock Pros today and they do make covers for the new style Wolverine and they are held on with as they stated a high quality hook/loop velcro. I think I'll go with these http://www.shockpros.com/atv_snowmobile_shock_covers_flame_blue.cfm
after I've saved up a little more cash!

I don't think there would be a problem at all with heat build up. I'm sure its a breathable
material and you would have to be going really fast for a long period of time to build up that much heat IMO.
Dan

I just sprung for a set off of eBay. Cost $36 shipped so u can't go wrong. I bought them for my brothers grizzly a few months ago and they work well.

In my opinion, heat isn't really an issue.. Just don't want all that dust on them as there are stock rubber boots such as those found on cars

I had them on both my kodiaks and have a set on my wolvy they help keep the mud,dust,dirt and even the majority of sand out,an absolute must have

I put covers on all 3 shocks. I don't think heat is a problem, we ride in sandy land and need to protect my seals. Just make sure you pull them off after riding to get any crap out that accumulates. So far the velcro has held up.

Latest posts

Back