shock ball joint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
there is that ball joint like bearing assembly inside the eye of the shock and i was wondering how you would get those o ring things out that are around the outer edge of the ball joint thing on bolth sides

is it for the rear shock at the bottom of the shock the bearing that little ball thing in there

top and bottom i think, there is a little ring in there stopping it from coming out, yeah that little ball joint thing

yea u half to take them c clips out and it will fall out take a hoot took and out it in the opening of the c clip and pry it up and they pop out easy

OK, lemme see if I can clarify some of this:

He's in the process of putting new pivot 'bearings' in the rear shock. The bearings are held in place with a 'C' shaped piece of spring steel (not the regular c-clip you might be thinking of).

The FSM offers no part number or note number int he illustration.

And he's right. The little bastards just wont come out. All they do is spin around in their little groove.

So, how the hell do ya get 'em out??

They look like Piston Circlips, right?

2 screwdrivers. One to hold one end, the other one to pry the other end.

YOu'll want to push them out, and over.

ok the ring is there.......i have a arrow pointed to it and blue lines running along it the red "X"'s are what im replacing

untitled.jpg

000_0507.jpg

000_0505.jpg

They look like Piston Circlips, right?

2 screwdrivers. One to hold one end, the other one to pry the other end.

YOu'll want to push them out, and over.
Dental Picks are your friend.

so there is over 1000 shock owners on this site and not one of you know how to replace this?

I dont think many people have ever replaced this.... whats wrong with it that you want to replace it... if it was me id give her the grease and go..

sounds good to me, i was replacing it cause i thought they were bearings and i thought they were shot but theese are like rusty and crap....you think grease will be fine?.........DAD

Back