shaft driven honda rode bike conversion??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkingraptor350x

Reaction score
there has got to be somebody on here that knows if it is possible to change from a shaft driven bike to a chian and sproket. reason why i am asking is because i have an 83 honda 500cc twin cyl and im plan on putting it in a worrior frame ;D olny thing stoping me is wondering if it is possible to convert from a shaft driven to chain and sproket. just wanted to get some input on it before i go tearing it apart coming to find out that its not possible! any input would be great help thanks

I'm not sure how but you would have to have some kind of adapter plate to attach the sproket, and possibly a different shaft coming out of the engine. I bet someone out there has done it. It will probably require a bit of customization. I recamend going on exriders.com and going to the hybrid section of their forum. They might be able to help you.

Youre just gonna have to do some tearing apart, no way around it. shaft to chain conversions on motorcycles arent all that common.

Pull the transfer assembly off the engine, and see how the counter-shaft is setup.

Back