second broken motor mount in 1 year

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
when i got my warrior both of the upper motor mount brackets that attach to the head were broken, so i replaced them thinking i just bought a beat machine. this was about a year ago, and i just noticed one of the bracket mounts is broken again. my question is are warriors known to break these mounts? is this a sign of something worse? i maintain this thing religiously including tightening the motor mounts all around so i know its not from lack of maintenence. thanks for the help

Unless your motor mounts aren't tight enough or your frame is damaged, i dunno. That engine has to be moving around or the frame has to flex in order for the mounts to break. If you can't find anything wrong, just weld the old ones back up with some gusset plates so they don't break anymore.

yea one of mine was broke, and the other was starting to crack, and my motor was unbelivably loose when i got it, welded them back together and they've held since, i think it might just be shitty metal that gets brittle after being heated up, heat rises, air cooled head, and eventually from torque and normal flex in the frame they might crack

Usually broken top mounts are from loose mounts somewhere else. so check all your mounts. I have had to bend mine back into place and never broke one yet.

all the other mounts get checked after every other ride, if not more often. its probably from hammering across a lake for an hour, stopping for a bit then back to the hammering, while wind chills were in the negative digits here in mass. thanks for the info.

Back