Scotts Performance Stainless Steel Oil Filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbthreat

Reaction score
Put this oil filter on two oil change ago, and thus far am pretty happy with it. A little pricey at $60, but versus how often I change my oil and filter, (every 15 hrs) the savings can add up pretty fast. It seems to be doing a pretty good job in picking up any crap floating aroung in the oil, and have noticed less particles collecting in the screen cover of my oil drain, so something must be working right. I will admit I was little skeptical about putting a reusable filter in versus the regular paper ones, but everything I've read on them said they were pretty good, and I would have to agree. Cleaning is very easy, just use a little carb cleaner, or wd-40, and some compressed air, and you have a clean filter again.

Worth getting? I think it is, but I'm going to see how it works in the long haul.

Is it much better than the stock reuseable filter? I use mine 2-3 times and throw them out. Seems like they might filter out smaller particles.

There's a big debate about that one. Some guys swear by paper filters stating that there are three stages of filtration and that they flow better, because they don't have a screen that gets blocked by metal shavings. Others like the fact that you only have to buy one filter and never buy another ever again. If you were racing and were constantly putting in a new filter after each race like the pros do, then go ahead and stick to the paper filters. But for recreational riding these are smart idea, and will pay for themselves over time. As far as I am concerned it does just as good a job as the paper.

I've seen guys use it on their street bikes, and they seem to like them. Here's a link for more info.
http://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/scottsfilter.htm

i got an 87 warrior with the stock filter in it never changed and i havent had any problems with it and it get flattracked at the fair every year still works good for being 22 years old!!!!!

you have never changed the oil filter?!?!?

haha wow shows how much abuse these things can take. Do yourself a favor and change your oil and filter... its like 2 bucks dude

i change the oil often and just spray out the filter with some carb cleaner, i just bought a new filter and it was the screen type for 8 bucks i think i might retire the old one its got some time on it

The OEM ones last forever, why spend the extra cash? The manual states it can be reused unless the metal gets all bent up or such. All you have to do is spray it out with aerosol degreaser such as CRC then rinse and dry. I only replace it when I get lazy, they stay in good shape besides when you drop it or mishandle it.

ya they do last forever mine started to come unglued and started to come apart after 22 years! haha

Latest posts

Back