Sandblasting Cases?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i have to rebuild my warrior and while the cases are split apart, i was gonna strip them of the bearings and everything and sandblast them so i get the mudstains and everything off and maybe repaint it...my dad said theres some like little acorns or sumthin you can buy at tractor supply you can buy so itl be easy on the cases,just wondering if anyone has any input or experience with doing so...thx

i dunno, if you were to do it i would say do it with the cases put together so that you do not pit the surfaces where the cases meet. otherwise id say it can be done, just be careful of the surfaces that gaskets and other things meet up. Also remember that sandblasting creates heat with all of the friction so be careful not to warp anything, you may be ok with a soft media.

Polish it!
DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Holy **** you must have a lot of patience and free time. Looks awesome!

I would never sand blast the cases just because I've heard that alot of times it's very hard to get all that **** out of the inside of the case.. don't want any of that **** floating around after you put it back together.

I would never sand blast the cases just because I've heard that alot of times it's very hard to get all that **** out of the inside of the case.. don't want any of that **** floating around after you put it back together.

yea i was thinkin the same thing just now.

that sure is purdy. Best I have ever seen a warrior engine look.

Nice work

Latest posts

Back