Same ols story-but not the same ol song & dance

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone-
New member to your site, but older guy and have owned lots of Yamaha quads. 3 wolvs, 2 griz 600 and a few warriors. Im a single parent so all of the quads ive had are older ones. just got back from our local boat show in louisville and a part of me wishes i could afford a newer utility but then I look at my 2nd Griz 600, with the scratches liquor dents and numerous mods and realize that this thing is paid for and while its not IRS or 60mph capable, it does everything I need and gets me home.

Just bought my third Warrior off craigslist, I think its a 2002 year. Been dissasembled for at least 5 years, due to the tranny hangin in gear. Frame and suspension is so nice I had to buy a good used engine off ebay, then rebuild the top end with some mild upgrades, Stage 1 cam and Tne ol tried and true Weisco.

Noted the posts on the oil cooler mods here, messin around on ebay and bought the whole big bear adapter assy for 26 bucks. Great friggin idea. While yamaha has some great engineering, they also drop the ball. Why the Warrior never came with an oil cooler and why my Griz 600 has a rear drum brake Ill never understand. Look forward to keepin yall posted on this build. I have some internal parts off the orig 350 as well as a 600 Griz I have been using for parts. Let me know if I can help anyone out with used stuff.

Wow Thanks

Thanks guys. My son and I are huge yamaha fans. Hes got a Kodiak 450, my ride is an ancient but indestructible 2000 Griz 600. Really looking forward to assembling the Warrior in the garage. Top ends out to the shop. as well as the head.

Lots of great info here. Will be watchin as I go. Wil post some pics soon of our bikes-jeeze they are not real pretty, but I would take my Griz out anywhere. Its actually my second. My first 600 is behind the shed jus waiting to donate parts. Bent crank. Ooooops. Never pay anyone to work on your engine that you cant get at easily with a crowbar.

Austins (my son) Kody has been as reliable. never had a glitch. 3 years on his. I am really good with small engines, wiring and carbs. I am needing a front plain alum rim for the Warrior. Anyone need and eng parts like crank, eng cases or internals? Let me know. (Ebay id is same as sign in here)
Im in Louisville and if any of yall like to get muddy this spring hit me up!

Latest posts

Back