Said goodbye to #5 today and picked up a low hour 99 Wolverine 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are FMF pipes any good compared to HMF?

I've had a couple HMF's and love em I also had a Yoshi on my ltz400 and it sounded awesome!
I have no knowledge on the fmf pipes and but don't care for them

which one was faster your warrior with all the mods or the z400?

Upgrades you should do:
Warrior valves and warrior hd springs
HCS1
Warrior BTM/raptor 350 carb
Wiseco 10:5:1 warrior piston
Some sort of Better air intake
Aftermarket exhaust

Tires are brand new! But I'm getting a set of 25" tires
The carb on here is the same carb and intake that's on the Bear Tracker probably just bigger jets
I will be getting a better air intake it has the same box and filter a stock warrior has

what shocks did you have on your warrior? and did you have the airbox cover on? I want to put a banshee rear shock on mine.

I was running banshee fronts and a 01 raptor 660 rear
Custom DRW track special air intake no box

The carb is the same as the Warrior. So is the head, so a set of Warrior valves won't do anything. All the 350 based engines share the same top end. After running mine around the farm, I'd do an 11:1 Wiseco, .415 Mega, HD springs, exhaust, K&N, and leave the stock carb on it. I don't know if I'd go with a 39mm FCR on this bike or not. Honestly, anything that flows better, that is a direct bolt on would be nice. Providing it has an accel pump. I think the newer Wolverine 450 has a spigot mount carb, instead of flange mount like these have. I was given a spigot mount manifold that the guy had, so I think he got it for a newer Wolverine. May make a spigot mount carb work great. Possibly a 400ex carb? That you can install a QS3 accel pump cover on and tune the accel pump.

I don't know if you'll like the 25" tires, Ed. These suckers are geared really tall, and any increase in tire diameter will raise it even more. Right now it may feel snappy because the front driveshaft is out of it, making it a 2wd. But, trust me, once she's having to spin all 4 tires, you'll feel the power loss. The added power from mods will help, but all you're left with is a quad that feels nearly stock because all the added power will be used to turn the bigger meats with the tall gearing it has. The Wolverine uses the same height tires as our Fourtrax(es) and I've never EVER felt the need for a taller tire. Unless you're going mud bogging 24/7, stock size works really well.

Also, you may want to save up for a WARN 424 front drive shaft. It allows you to switch between 2wd and 4wd. Better mobility and less steering effort. They can be found on EBAY. Warn hasn't made them in some time, but, there is a company called Switch Out that is making them now. I'd love to get one for my dad's Fourtrax. It's like gaining 5hp when it doesn't have to power all 4 wheels!

Great info Pat thanks
As for the carb on mine it looks nothing like the btm that warriors have in fact it's the same identical carb and intake manifold that my bear tracker has.
Which I need to go through the carb on my wolverine when I rev it up it takes a second or so to idle back down and I already adjusted the cable because when I turned the bars sharp it would rev up so I know it's not the cable tension.
I'm getting the 25's for free also so it's all good. I would like to get a matching pair of swamp fox tires for the front though.
It definitely does need an exhaust and a better air filter setup

I guess they installed a different carb in the later years. Because, my 96 has the same BTM as the Warrior.

Here's a pic of it
uzane2u4.jpg

I have to I'm feeling like **** getting rid of #5 I been having 2nd thoughts all damn day
I'm a ******* idiot!!!

Mine was no where near as nice as #5 is and I could have kicked my own ass for a month after I sold it. Make the best of the situation and make the new ride your own. Sure #5 may have got you places faster but that 4x4 will take you places #5 wouldnt dream of trying. The wolverine will grow on you. Honestly I enjoy my 4x4 much more than I did the old war whore. I miss her don't get me wrong, but I have more fun now than I did before. When I do really miss her I just walk across the back yard and borrow my neighbors warrior for awhile. After about being beat to death riding his for about 20 minutes I appreciate the new ride much more.

Ed, you need to do a long travel setup on this and some motor mods. It would be absolutely one of a kind.

I know what you mean. I regretted selling my bayou 220 a bit but now that I have my warrior jetted correctly and it runs good I don't miss it a bit. I think that once you put a hmf exhaust open airbox lid and maybe a custom paint job some good rims and tires maybe wheel spacers or what ever you want to make it your own you will like your wolv better

Back