Running too rich!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN K

Reaction score
Recently put a bigger main jet and a bigger pilot jet but no matter where i set the air/fuel mixture at its still way too rich the needle is adjustable but not sure whether or not i need to move the clip up or down....which way would i need to go with it to lean it out some?...also it seems to idle and run smoother with the fuel mixture screw all the in but still fouling plugs and black smoke

the clip needle will lean if it is moved down.

Recently put a bigger main jet and a bigger pilot jet but no matter where i set the air/fuel mixture at its still way too rich the needle is adjustable but not sure whether or not i need to move the clip up or down....which way would i need to go with it to lean it out some?...also it seems to idle and run smoother with the fuel mixture screw all the in but still fouling plugs and black smoke

Did you do something to increase the air flow? Why did you put in larger jets?

i put in a dynojet jet kit hoping to get more on the ground power and it worked but now i gotta get it leaned out so itll quit fouling plugs...the instructions also said to drill out the lift hole in the slide and i originally just changed out the main jet but it was running too lean then so that is when i put the bigger pilot jet in also

This should help you understand more..

needle.gif

thanx ya'll im gotta carb rebuild kit comin ups today so im hopin i'll be able to get it set just rite plus im going from 1.5" to 2 1/4" pipe on the snorkel so it should get a lil more air that way too

Latest posts

Back