Running rough

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor4lady

Reaction score
I am getting a backfire right off idle. It will only run at idle. Fires right up but cant give it any gas. Does this sound like a valve adjustment? I have a video of it running.

I am getting a backfire right off idle. It will only run at idle. Fires right up but cant give it any gas. Does this sound like a valve adjustment? I have a video of it running.

Have you played with your air/ fuel mix screw at all? Try turning it all the way in and go 2 full turns back out and see if it makes any difference.

What jets are you running and where is you needle at? Post the vid of it running and your trying to gas it.

Last edited:
Take the carb off and clean it good pull the jets and clean them too.. Is your petcock flowing enough gas?

upload photos to imgur.com or photubucket.com to host them, then use the insert image tag in your post with the URL they give you.

If I were you, I would check my connections going from clutch/pb lever and unplug them and try it. I had this problem your talking about and was ready to pull my hair out, and it was those danged clutch and pb safety switches that were keeping my bike from revving up. I would almost guarantee its those. It takes about 5 seconds to unplug the one and switch plugs on the other, and it will run fine! (We hope) haha

Latest posts

Back