Rode first yz85

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid

Reaction score
I rode my first yz 85 today. It has a wiseco piston, pipe, jetted, filter. Its crazy fast. i would be cruising at 1/4 throttle then i would just go hammer down and it would go and hit the powerband and throw u back. I weas doin wheelies in 4th gear without pulling up. Everyone talks about powerbands and stuff, but you have to experiace it to really know what its like. He even offered to trade me strait up for my warrior (which is broke again) and i said no. :)

no, i would break myself. I broke my quad pretty good today, lol. (These arent why my quad is broke -->)My friend flipped my quad into a huge mud puddle. Then i was in 5th gear on my quad and i was fish tailing in this dirt road and i kept sliding and i went into this ditch and went on two wheels...man i thought i was going to die, it was fun! I was actually thinkin about trading though...still am. But I HIGHLY doubt i am going to.

Then i was in 5th gear on my quad and i was fish tailing in this dirt road and i kept sliding and i went into this ditch and went on two wheels...man i thought i was going to die,

Gotta steer with the gas...lol.

I had a yz 250 long ago. Wish I'd kept it.

i was...i was just messin around, and it slid way more than i thought...but i dunno. no damage so i guess i didnt do it right! I still cant get over the powerband on the yz...

dude if you wanna see a powerful dirtbike you should check out my '82 xr100 i love my friends 65 its so much fun hes got it piped it sounds so cool and has pulls up so easy in the powerband

He already said in another thread that quadzillas don't have enough power...lol

Not enough power for what i wanted to use it for...And they like to blow up!

i had a 98 kx60 but i sold it to dantheman. that thing pulls so sweet. ive been in numerous situations where its almost thrown me off- partailly because im a fat ****. fun bikes no question that there scary fast

trade your quad for that bike bro, i think u would have more fun on it and it seems like your quad is always busted

trade your quad for that bike bro, i think u would have more fun on it and it seems like your quad is always busted

Yea, i know! After im done fixing it this time, there wont be much more TO break. I dont have enough room for a 2-stroke though. I only have an acre, and probably 1/4 of it is rideable. But im not giving up on my quad, especially since im not done modding it.

[quote:1t9bjcpv]trade your quad for that bike bro, i think u would have more fun on it and it seems like your quad is always busted

Yea, i know! After im done fixing it this time, there wont be much more TO break. I dont have enough room for a 2-stroke though. I only have an acre, and probably 1/4 of it is rideable. But im not giving up on my quad, especially since im not done modding it. [/quote:1t9bjcpv]

You only have a quarter of an acre to ride? That must suck dude. I wouldnt mod anything id just sell it if i only could ride on that much land.

its not that bad, well it might be more like 1/2-3/4 idk. Its still fun though!! and i can just cruise around town if i want so its all good.

And i usually ride at my friends house, he lives on like 30 acres of trals and field.

yz490, now that is one mean ass bike. Although i always like the white ones ( newer 5 speeds) much better. But Its old air-cooled technology, today's modern 250's will run with some of the old 500's out of the hole. But the 490 is one of the often forgot about bikes. I could tell you pretty much anything you would ever need to know about these bikes, since my dad used to hillclimb with one back in the day. It was one wicked bike, throw chunks of sod and dirt, ( not roost im talking big hunks due to a wide cut out tire). I beleive on the hill it was running close or a little less than 4 seconds flat in about 220 feet, keep in mind thats almost strait up and down..

I saw a 500 2stroke the last time I was at Bull Gap, those things are nuts. I think it was a damn honda though, damn shame... :(

Back