ring installation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedped79

Reaction score
what is the best way to put the cylender on the piston? ring compresser or by hand? or use flat head screwdriverrs? i just got done honing my head and putting new valve seals and doing a valve job and got new rings and gaskets

I'm not an expert with working on engines, but I would think that if you don't have a ring compressor your next best option would be to do it by hand, screwdrivers just sounds like a good way to damage your parts before you even get it put back together.

I put my piston in with my hands, just squeeze the rings together and slide the piston in slowly. Lube the cylinder wall with oil beforehand. Make sure the ring gaps are in the proper sequence. My book has them at 30 degrees left and right of center, top and bottom. Some peeps say 3-6-9 oclock positions. You really should buy a manual, they show you alot of good ****!

I put my piston in with my hands, just squeeze the rings together and slide the piston in slowly. Lube the cylinder wall with oil beforehand. Make sure the ring gaps are in the proper sequence. My book has them at 30 degrees left and right of center, top and bottom. Some peeps say 3-6-9 oclock positions. You really should buy a manual, they show you alot of good ****!

As long as the rings are spaced out pretty evenly it shouldnt really matter, once its started they move anyway. But yea i did it by hands, its not too hard, just like said lube up that cylinder wall.

i have a clymer but nm i did it already lol its 12.30 ive been working since 7 assembling the rest of it and puttign the suspensiong back together and i hit the button and it fired right up im happy now lol but talk about a pain in the ass ecspecially getting the retainers on the valves cuz we had a car valve spring compresser and it was big and we had no room to work but its done and im happy it seems to have more torque now so im happy wheelies r gonna be fun now lol

Latest posts

Back