Riding gear

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daro2244

Reaction score
ok; as you know I'm new on this stuff so can somebody point the basic and economic way to protect myself; like what parts do I need and where to get it? sorry I ask to many questions but the only time I drove my warrior I was following my Friend and he hits a tree and destroy his 2007 400ex and went unconscious for a couple min

at the very least a helmet and goggles. helmet will obviously protect your noggin goggles will keep rocks twigs depending on where you ride.everything else is nice to have if you can afford it. riding boots are nice to have, but where i cant see spending 300 for a pair to fit my big feet i just got a really sturdy pair of work boots. chest protectors are nice to. i eventually will probably get all the gear. if you get into racing at all its all pretty much a must.

Knees pads? What are you pole smoking or something? Hahahah.

A full helmet is must, or so I say. And I've almost been killed on my quad. I have the works and always ride with my helmet, goggles (but those usually come off unless i'm racing and have a few peal-off's on) and gloves and Riding boots. Usually wear my riding pants a jersey too but not always. When I'm racing I have all the gear on w/ the camel pak too. Gotta stay hydrated. Gloves on the hands and you'll notice no blisters and you'll actually go faster through the brush. You'll get a part of boots the first time your foot slips off and you wrap your ankle back under your axle.

I have a lower back brace and chest protector too, but only wear those items when I'm racing. It's all to each its own but I am a huge advocate for always wearing your helmet. Its not worth it to not wear it.

some day id like to get more gear, sooner if i can find some kind of regular competion around me.
beastly im not gonna ask how how you end up off of it. the only time i end up off of mine is if i take a wheely to far back.

i never ride w/o a helmet. and ive slid though a lot of gravel with my bare hands so i like to wear gloves when i remember them

Does anyone have any input on a decent pair of riding boots. Usually i just wear old work boots but i have been thinking about investing in a pair of riding boots.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3/28491/ITEM/No-Fear-Trophee-Boots.aspx?SiteID=CSE_Gbase_28491&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=28491 these are the boots I wear, Love them. I think I paid $90 (Man I love Kames!) for them brand new, and they have been through hell and back. Great boot. Have had them for about 2.5 yrs now with no problems. The straps stay strapped and haven't broken on me.

Cheaper the boot, cheaper the materials, more common are the straps to brake or come undone when riding.

After a couple hits to my shins and rolling my ankle i was looking for something with a little more protection. Those boots look nice and are a decent price. How do they hold up in mud and water? I don't expect them to be 100% waterproof but my feet soaked after going through the first puddle.

i have a pair of shorty boots and they were awsome the first time i wore them. They dont get loose or feel heavier when wet or muddy so even if your foot is wet you dont notice until you take off the boot.

As far as gloves go always have something and anything. Ever have a dirt bike take off from under you? When you land on sharp gravel and your palms split open you'll be saying: man i wish i woulda taken a couple seconds to put them gloves on.

The only other thing that would be nice to have is a chest protector for those sudden stops when you chest slams the handlebars(last YFM trip, remember that mud hole, guys)

Back