Review Tires and wheels

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
I would like to add somethings to upgrading tires and wheels.

I had upgraded to itp wheels with 25" maxxis zillas last January. Overall they did well hold up incredibly well too stones ,ruts and anything you throw at them. The handling helped stabilize the front from the tippiness (so I could do donuts without tipping over). Although they did not do well in nasty mud. unless you had a rut or stones too let them grab you would just dig in deeper.I enjoyed the lack of worrying about punctures and flats bent wheels with my careless riding style.

Over the weekend I threw my stocks back on (taking a trip to Majestic,PA last time the upgrade nearly killed me there) took a ride to my usual riding areas. I forgot how much more enjoyable the stocks were. I could fly through the tight wooods. The steering was much easier less grab on everything,the stocks ride over the ruts and stones without ripping the handle bars out of your hands. So much more nimble.

Although the stocks do horribly in mud and puncture quite easily. . Depending on where you ride stick with stock sizes.

Thanks Jim

Well ya, stock tires don't grab as much and are lighter, so technically they'll be 'easier' to ride with. But other than that, they suck! lol I'll still take aftermarket anyday, the good outweighs the bad.

Back