Rev limiter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
Alright... not that its a problem but im not really all that sure that the warrior doesnt have a rev limiter. When i rev my warrior it has a rev limiter.... i know jetting could affect this but ive changed jets and it is still there in the exact same spot. Keep in mind my warrior would turn a great deal more RPMs over a stock motor. But again maybe the stock CDI just wasnt built to handle the rpms im now turning. Its high enough that it doesnt effect performance but i can tell its there and here it when i rev. Im not exactly sure that it is a rev limiter but maybe that the stock cdi just cant handle my motor. Maybe its time for an upgrade.... dyna here i come!

might be your valves floating, did you install performance valve springs

Yepp titanium parts and hd springs.

See everyone says the warrior doesnt have a rev limiter but i have never seen or heard proof.

The stock CDI doesn't have a rev limiter. I've rev'd mine way past 11,000 rpm. You still should ever have to rev it that hard even with a really big cam.
I got a Dyna and they come stock with a 8500 rpm rev limiter that you have to program out. I set mine to 11,000 rpm but really there's no need. 9,500 rpm is 4000 fps piston speed which really is all the higher you want to rev it. Some people claim 4,500 fpm and that's 10,500 rpm.
Maybe your airfilter is getting dirty and causing your jetting to be rich.. this causes that miss at higher rpms. That's how I tune my carb. Jet it rich, so it misses on the top end then start backing off sizes and it will rev higher and higher until the miss goes away, engine runs free and produces the best hp.

noobs! do you have a parking break, cause there is a sensor and it fucks up cause yamaha e brakes suck

Hey do you think DSW is a noobie? Do you think I'm a noobie? Do you want to wrestle me? haha

lmao i know dsw is not a noob

but really it has happened on any yamaha we have owned, the parking brake stops working and the sensors go screwy and sets a limiter so it cant be revved while the parking brake is on, dont bother rebuilding the brake cause the dealer did that while mine was under warentee and it didnt help it at all

Latest posts

Back