Replacing my shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior02

Reaction score
I need help on either getting the shifter off or removing the whole shifting mechanismm to directly put on a smaller shifter.
Thanks

pull the bolt out on the linkage on the shift shaft, then pull off the c-clip holding the shifter on the peg. it should all just slide off

does it matter what year yz the shifter is for? If so which is the best one?

man i need to get a shifter for my 87! you wouldn't believe how sloppy it is haha. but i have the big bear adapter on it so ill prob just have to make a custom one.

its cool i have a nice welder so when i get some time ill fab something up. anythings better than that stocker junk!

I read about on here about peeps cutting a banshee shifter and welding it together to make it work for thr big bear setup

I've got an 87 which has the recoil rope starter. Anyone ever find a direct shifter that will work?

I don't know, you could try to bend one to the space you want with a vice or cut one up and weld it so it clears

sorry about upping an old thread, but im still stuck on this subject. Does one year fit/work better than another?

Say i was going to order an OEM yamaha shifter, does the year matter? If so which year is the best without having to mod anything or what not.

My bike is at the dealer now and im going to have the shifter ordered as soon as i know which year/make/model im ordering for the best fitment/feel/reliability and what not.

i know DLR said any year will work, but im looking at what year and brand will work and fit the best?

Back