Replacing Bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
So I just replaced my Axle Bearings and wanting to replace the front wheel bearings. Is this a hard task? Any tutorial on that? The one for the axle bearings were spot on and awesome.

Also, how do i know if i need a swing arm kit? I want to knock out all the work in a day or 2 and get back to riding before the winter.

Thanks all.

for the swing arm, make sure your chain isn't TOO tight and jack up right under the engine as far back as you can without interfering with the swinger. Then grab a tire with each hand and push with one and pull with the other. You'll be able to tell if there's too much play.

front wheel bearings, just take the wheel off, then take out the cotter pin on the wheel nut, then the wheel nut, then undo the 2 calliper bolts, slide the calliper off and the hub should come off. Knock out the old bearings and seals and install new ones. Repeat for other side.

make sure the bearings are seated in all the way.

axle nut goes on at 32 ft pounds... or just tight but not crazy

I think you talking about ur swing-arm bolt? It should be good. If you can get it out, prehaps regreese it and put it back together and you'll be fine for years to come.

i think his talking about the needle bearings in the swing arm. I had to do mine. They were loose as hell.

yeah they do. They have a bearing sleeve you have to knock out then you install the new one and then install the cage with all the needles in it. then you slide a hollow metal dowel through the cages, then put the end caps and seals on, line up the swinger and then the swing arm bolt slides through the dowel and you tighen it to the frame. They last as long as the seals are still good and they are greased. Greasing the swing arm bolt only stops it from rusting inside the dowel. it has no direct contact with any bearing.

I know how it all goes together. Just didn't know there were some bearings in there too.

Back