removing valves

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venom

Reaction score
my valve removal tool is inapropriate for the warrior head.
Any tricks guys?, Can t get them off...

You taking about removing the springs to drop the valves out?

I just used a normal car OHC type valve spring compressor With the head gently help in a vice. I can imagine it would be hard if your trying to use an OHV compressor as access is tight even with the OHC..

What type are you using?

I would go and buy one of the $35-$40 C-clamp style motorcycle valve spring tools on Ebay (see link below). Anything made for a car will not give you enough room to work. Its not safe to use anything else. trust me.. You know the valve spring retainer? that disc on top of the valve that you push the keepers into?.. I once saw one of them fly into someone's face and bust their safety glasses into 10 pieces. That was the last time I ever tried to use ANY sort of rigged up spring compressor tool.

Here is a direct link to one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-Valve..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item2c6c4f98f0&vxp=mtr

Otherwise search Ebay for ""SOLID Valve Spring Compressor - Motorcycle" You want the one in a red case that is made of CAST IRON. Don't get the one that is made of tube steel and welded.

Thanks man, but its alreay done, i had to shimthe clamp in order to compress the spring, like you sais it dangerous, but i cant afford every tool i need so i have to improvise(very very bad policie ...)

Latest posts

Back