Removing the Pull Start off of a '91 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin.colby

Reaction score
Apparently someone had added a pull start to my Warrior at some point in time and I would like to remove it. I really would like to sell the starter gear the mounts to the crank and pull start as an assembly, however, I noticed that the oil seal around the cover wouldn't seal without the gear in place. Has anyone ever removed the pull start and would I need to by a new cover or is there some sort of plug that goes in its place? I have some pictures but unfortunately I already have six pics in my album and it won't let me upload anymore. I will post the tomorrow though through another photo service.

you just need a dust cap and get a photobucket account or app then you can post as many pics as you want

again, why dont ya leave it on there for a backup? its not gunna kill it!

I would like to have a pullstart, we might could do some trading if I knew it would work on mine!!

again, why dont ya leave it on there for a backup? its not gunna kill it!

^ x 2, there have been so many times when I wish I HAD a pull start on my Warriors.. Nothing like electrical problems out in the middle of nowhere..

same here now in my old age lol! but at 16 I could push start my 94 on a level surface but then again it was brand new

I though about keeping the pull start but considering that I am 6'8" and about 300 lbs and don't think I could pull it fast enough to actually start the engine, I really don't see a point in it. I literally picked up the quad with the pull start rope.

IMG_1071_zps6fcf81f2.jpg

I'm still trying to locate the dust cover so I can swap everything out.

Statorcasecover_zps71011a84.png

They are a bitch to pull without the compression release. But can be done. I did it for quite a while. Luckily just a half roll and it fires.

Iv seem to have forgotton how to ride a clutch atv, or at least the last time I had her out I did.. I knew my batt was bad but wonted to ride to break the new front bushings in, so we took off. Not sure if it was the Coors or what but seemed like everytime we turned around he was dragging me around to start me back.. I said then " Ill have me a pull start"

I've only ever needed my pullstart once. But, I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

I though about keeping the pull start but considering that I am 6'8" and about 300 lbs and don't think I could pull it fast enough to actually start the engine, I really don't see a point in it. I literally picked up the quad with the pull start rope.

I'm still trying to locate the dust cover so I can swap everything out.
Don't you have a decomp on there?? It's a switch look'n thing on the exhaust rocker cover..
I removed the one my 87', cause I was always rubbing the side of my foot on it when I shifted. It drove me nuts!!

But to get rid of it you'll need a new bolt, and washer (to replace the catch). If you have a decomp you might as well ditch it to.
Then just pick up one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-Yamaha-W...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d35c4a73a&vxp=mtr

It looks like if I leave the starter cog on bolted to the crank, the stator cover might fit over it. The dealer quoted like $80 for the bearing, dust shield and plate. Also mine doesn't have the decomp lever since it is a '91. They're selling the pull start on ebay for like $100. That's a lot of accessories that I could buy... Lol

Back