Removing reverse rev limiter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jareddd96

Reaction score
I've heard of people doing this by removing the wire and grounding it to frame... this removes the limiter but also removes the reverse light.. what do you guys think? is there any way to do it and keep the reverse light?

The raptor 350 might have one, the warrior definitely doesn't have a limiter.

I never really heard anybody speak of removing it on the 350 though, are you sure it does have one? I've heard it for the 660's, and my 700 has a limiter but it never bothered me.

yea there is one.. i saw people on forums saying to ground the wire but i thought id ask you guys first to see if you knew more, if you look on the side of reverse lever theres a wire coming out the side which tells the quad its in reverse, but if you ground the wire it thinks its never in reverse so theres no limiter but the light never comes on.. im going to try to do this with the next week, i'll let you know how it turns out.

there might be a limiter for reverse only? but I'm pretty sure all that wire dose is tell the indicator light to come on or not once the handle is engaged or disengaged.......there isn't one for all the going forward gears.

Please post the info you have gotten for the ""other" forums.

the wire your talkin about is on warriors too, mine actually is diconnected right now and it dident change any thing... but you have a raptor so you never know, let us no if it works!

20warrior00 try grounding the wire to the frame... and im pretty sure there is one. i just got my driveway paved and my quad of course is in the garage and i cant drive on the driveway for 4 days soo its stuck there soo ill probally do it by the end of this weekend

HEY GUYS! I KNOW ITS A LITTLE LATE TO REPLY TO THIS SUBJECT, BUT I DONT THINK THAT REMOVING THE LIMITER IS SAFE FOR THE TRANNY. I CHANGED MY CDI BOX AND IT REMOVED THE LIMITER IN REVERSE & RAISED THE LIMITER IN ALL OTHER GEARS. I DONT LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS. THE REVERSE GEAR HAS A LOT OF TOURQE. AT HIGHT RPMS IT JUST FEELS UNSAFE, YEAH YOU MIGHT GO ALITTLE FASTER IN REVERSE, BUT IS IT WORTH HURTING YOUR ENGINE OR TRANNY? JUST WHAT I THINK ANYWAY.......

What are you talking about man? Looks like you have a warrior, and the warrior has no such rev limiter, neither forward or reverse. No rev limiter. The procoms don't change anything except the spark timing a little bit.

Turning high rpm's wont affect the transmission either, if anything high rpms will affect the motor, and nobody is going to be revving the piss out of the thing in reverse so it's a non-issue anyways. The yfm350 powerplant is one of the most durable ones ever put in a quad, it'll take a lot more than some excessive rpms to do any damage, especially on a mostly stock one.

WOW! I'M JUST GIVING MY OPINION....... CAUSE WHEN I DRIVE MY BRO'S WARRIOR THAT HAS A STOCK CDI BOX, I COULD FEEL THE SPARK CUTTING OUT AT A HIGH RPM. AND IN REVERSE YOU COULD EVEN FEEL IT HOLD BACK BUT ON MINE I DON'T... AS FAR AS THE ENGINE IN THE WARRIOR IS CONCERNED, I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT IT IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE AS FAR AS DURABILITY, BUT WHY PUT IT THROUGH THE STRESS? I'VE ALSO HEARD OF A FEW WARRIORS BLOWING THE REVERSE GEAR. DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS FROM HIGH REVVING, BUT I'M NOT TRYING TO FIND OUT!! ;D

Warriors definitely don't have any rev limiter. It could be a jetting issue or the valves floating at high rpms. The valves will float pretty easily on a stock one, it almost acts like a mechanical limiter.

I never once heard of somebody blowing out the gears in a warrior, even with a heavily modded one. The whole powerplant is over-engineered. That's why the warrior engine weighs about twice as much as most of the 400 class engines. If you want to play it safe you can, but I don't see anything to worry about.

Latest posts

Back