removing enging from frame

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkustom

Reaction score
ok guys I started tear down for my rebuild/upgrade of my warrior and I am stuck. How the hell do you get the motor out? I have removed all of the motor mount bolts. The only two things on the quad still are the motor and the swing arm. Everything else is off. So do I have to remove the head to get the clearance to get it out? Thanks for the help in advance.

no the head don't have to be removed but it helps...................is just a heavy bitch ............wiggle it around a bit it will break lose from the mounts .........you will be amazed how heavy just the engine is. Good luck man.

It got it free from all the mounts just could get it past the top tube. I am going to go attempt it again here in a few minutes. Maybe I'll get a chance to post up some pics of my work so far tonite.

Found that out. It is now out of the frame. Next project is to get the swing arm bolt out. I effed it pretty bad already. What is the trick to doing this? Just pound the hell out of it with a sledge? Ok anybody got a spare one they want to sell. i am going to have to replace it.

Basically there's nothing much to do for that swingarm pivot except pound the **** out of it with a BFH. If that doesn't work i've seen people have to go as far as getting a sawzall and cutting the pivot between the swingarm and frame to get it apart.

Back