regearing a yfm350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potter

Reaction score
I hear so many people mention that they have or thought about regearing their machine, but no one mentions where they get the parts. What parts are used? I want to do this for a better top end. I cant find any info anywhere on the internet on what parts are used. If someone could help me get some more info, that would be great. I know I will have to modify the 350 engine to spin those longer gears. I do not want to modify the engine unless I can change gears for higher speeds though. Whats the point for a few more rpms?

Top end is pretty good on these bikes most guys are looking for low end.

saweetlou said:
Top end is pretty good on these bikes most guys are looking for low end.

Why bother replying, if your reply has nothing to do with the question?

I am mainly wondering if I can take a 5th and 6th gear out of a warrior and have those replace my 4th and 5th in my machine. I love my manual shift but am unable to keep up with newer 450 wolverines. I beleive this is possible with some engine mods but without a longer 5th I will just run out of rpm. People say its possible, I just want to know what they have done before I waste money with trial and error.

You need the 5th gear out of a Big Bear 400. While your splitting the case to install that gear I would think about some engine mods too.

You can find used BB transmission gear sets on ebay for fairly cheap.

why?

I am also looking to get more topend i was wondering y a bb 5th gear would work better then a warrior 5th or 6th gear.

Latest posts

Back