Recoil Starter Installation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clark4131

Reaction score
I just got the parts in today and installed the recoil starter from a Kodiak/Grizzly on my '07 Wolverine. Installation was a 30 minute operation, only due to the fact that I had break up fights between my kids throughout the whole thing. I'd give it 1 wrench on the 5 wrench difficulty scale. You'll need an 8mm socket, 17mm socket, crescent wrench or vise grips, and something to pull the little O-ring out of the collar when you replace it with the starter pulley, p/n 1UY-15723-00-00. The recoil assembly, p/n 5UH-15710-00-00, comes fully assembled and just bolts in place of the old cover. You will need to order 4 of the shorter bolts, p/n 90110-06037-00, from the Kodiak/Grizzly to mount the recoil starter properly, something I didn't realize. For now, I took the spacers out of the plain cover and used them so the cover bolts don't bottom out. I'll be ordering the shorties in the future. The hardest part about the whole thing is trying to pull start it after it's all together...Holy Shiznit!!! Both of my shoulders are killing me now, but I did it. I'm glad it's only a backup...SC

Back