rebuild/upgrade suggestions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
OK,

i have a 2001 wardog that i'm trying to do some basic upgrades.

i have already put in a k&n filter and billet adaptor, FMF full exhaust

i am getting ready to freshen it up i believe its a stock bore and cam
so i was thinking about doing a higher compression piston and possibly a cam.

what are your thoughts on basic, (budget minded) rebuild...

i also just purchased banshee front shocks a a 2001 660 rear shock.

so i'm about 250lbs and ride alot of dunes and rocky trails.

i ride with alot of 450 guys so i want a little more power to keep up on the open dunes, in the trails they have trouble keeping up with me sometimes but suspension wise i get beat up,lol.

so hopefully the suspension mods will help that.

funny side note 2 months ago i was following wrong guys through some trails and went off small 20 foot cliff into a pond.
i'm so glad i have a tether kill, life saver

if its stock bore do a 10:25:1 piston with no base gasket which should bump it to 11:1 then through a hotcams stage 1 in and if you want to spend more get a full P&P to the head with HD springs

Well you can save some money and not do the springs, because the hotcam is designed to use the stockers. Myself and 00' WO YA! are running the stock springs and have no issues. Do the Vito's +4 key to advance the timing 4 degress. You'll want to use 93 octane if you don't already. That combo works well. And, if you can pull it off $ wise, p&p that head to get the most out of the cam.

i'll say i used to do my own gasket matching porting and basic polishing on my car motors al motor a turbo setups is it as basic on these? i woul assume but i dont dive into anything without
research, measure 4 times do it right one time ,,, win every time,lol.

Well you can save some money and not do the springs, because the hotcam is designed to use the stockers. Myself and 00' WO YA! are running the stock springs and have no issues. Do the Vito's +4 key to advance the timing 4 degress. You'll want to use 93 octane if you don't already. That combo works well. And, if you can pull it off $ wise, p&p that head to get the most out of the cam.

i run the s1hc cam on stock bore 10:25:1 wisco and imo it realy brought the old 350 to life

with the high compression piston and hot cam and some port and polish, how would the warrior do power wise against a 400ex?

Depending on both riders and gearing, it'll take down a piped/jetted ex. If you get into high flow air boxes, larger carbs, high flow exhaust and a more aggisive cam... you could Probably take an ex with a cam, and some p&p. That's if you stick with stock stroke, or do not do the 400 big bore kit.

Mine will eat all the 400s ive come across, but mine is on the radical end power wise out of a warrior a simple motor build like that will stack up even or outrun most 400s

Back