rear suspension

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

made2hunt

Reaction score
i need a stiffer back suspension for my warrior (because im fat lol) any suggestions?

Why wont the raptor shock with piggyback reservoir work? The banshee shock has a piggy back reservoir also unlike the remote reservoir on the warrior.

Because the 660 shocks with the piggy back ressy, its offset to one side and will hit the swinger. A banshee ressy faces straight back and will not hit the swinger.

Gotcha, Just wasnt sure what the difference was. I dont have them to compare. What would be the better shock the banshee or raptor?

That would depend on who you ask. I love my Banshee rear!! A bunch of other guys love thier 660 rears. But if your looking for availability right now the best would be the banshee. Seems like the 01 660 rears are becoming hard to find.

Thanks, im looking into getting a new rear shock cause mine only bottums out if i hit something weird. No problem in whoops at all unless i hit an offset size and kinda jump into it and the rear smacks into it.

I have an 05 banshee rear with a banshee dog bone on my j-arm. The shock went in fine but the dogbone was a bitch to get in. I'm about 260-270 lbs and I haven't bottomed it out yet. A lot better ride than the 660 shock I used to have. That one was just too stiff.

the 2001 is the ONLY year to have a remote reservoir, I.E. it is not attached to the body, its attached via hose.

Back