Rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfmpimp

Reaction score
Hi all after some options for a rear shock. Do not want to have to modify the air box so that's the banshee shock off the list.

Here is my stock shock that's off a 1997 warrior 350. Has lost all gas and oil. Bump stop is totaled and so is the one on the swing arm.
DSCN2148_zps727c2d11.jpg~original

DSCN2149_zpsc1e2aa2e.jpg~original

Can this shock be rebuild? I seen there is seals and the parts for in the mounting holes that you can replace.

Is no valve to re-gas so I'm thinking you cannot rebuild them. Could a remote res off another shock that has a valve in it be installed on the warrior shock and then rebuild it?

Any one no the rating on the stock warrior shocks?

Last edited:
You can replace the remote reservoir on it, HLS made by GT Thunder replace rezzies all the time. Many companies make different springs also to swap out, However I would just invest in another shock before I had a stock 350's rebuilt, Try to find a 01 660's and rebuild it. The 660's shocks are actually good shocks from the factory. Not sure about the rating on the 350's shock so I cant help ya there.

The Quadshop and Wiigstyle are 2 other great shock builders, Wiigstyle use Racetech parts, valves, seals, ect....Whatever you decide please let us know cause I have to get my rear done sometime in the future.

Thanks dude. have had no luck finding a stock warrior shock or 01 raptor 660 shock. have seen a couple of shocks with remote res with valves in them. I have asked a friend that's works in a quad repair shop if he has anything. :) will let you know how I get on.

Just had a look into how remote shocks work and the nitrogen gas is in the re behind a piston and the oils in the shock presses on the press inside the res.

Would the gas be released if you remove the hose from the res? or would the piston hold it in there? Maybe my shock is just missing the oil and that's why its not working?

Dropped the shop off to quad bike shop and he going to have a look over it and has new bump stops also. Will let you know how I get on.

i saw a new shock in the forsale forums today dunno if itll work for you or what he wants for it just thought id give you a heads up.

Yeah the reservoir line had the steel spring crushed at that point . Thanks will have a look.

Found a little info about the rear shock in service manual last night.
3f6ea350-26fd-403e-96cc-0371ac766719_zps952d4e26.png~original

Installed length:
Standard: 228.5 mm (9.0 in)
Minimum (hard): 220.5 mm (8.7 in)
Maximum (soft): 235.5 mm (9.3 in)

Standard: 15 clicks out*
Minimum (soft): 20 clicks out*
Maximum (hard): fully turned-in position
*From the fully turned-in position

Last edited:
My neighbor does shock rebuilds. He has done for a few members here and ive had great experience with his work

Back