Rear Rack

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a rear rack on my 2003. I bought a small cargo box and it's made a HUGE difference. I used to lug around a backpack with my lunch, water, tools. Now, I just toss it in the box. It made life a lot easier.

I had to buy one for my machine. I guess when they sold them new, it was an option. There are marks on the rear fenders to drill out and install the rack. I picked up the rack from a semi local dealer then installed.

I have a picture with both that rack and the front one installed from CMP on the wolvy 450. How do I post it for you to see it or I can email it to you, whichever is easiest.

Here is the link
CMPRACKS.jpg

Wow....Thanks for the picture!! Not to sure if I like that. It kinda mounts funny up front...is that coming off the front bumper...or am I seeing thing!!!

It mounts off the front bumper and off the fender mounts up top.

I have a lady who is probably going to buy my gytr rack. and then I will be buying both thte front and rear racks from CMP

so far i dont like any rack options i have seen so i built my own rear rack, it looks more like what i think one should look like, it follows the body lines, its big enough to put a med-large ice chest on or whatever.....when i figure out how to post pics i will.....i cant get the images to load to photo bucket

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/coreyagoff/ashlyselfpicsandrack017.jpg

Whats wrong with the factory Aluminum rack. Its light, strong and hold a 12 pack cooler quite nicely. It actually fits closer to the fenders than in the pic. I bolted the fenders to my rack cause the sticky Texas mud would build up on the underside of the rear fenders and they would droop down

aba-3c251-00-00-ou-500.jpg

well in my case, the factory rack wasnt big enough, we sometimes go on overnite rides which means tent, sleeping bag and a cooler, and the one from cmp or whoever it was looks like they just took a generic rack and made it fit, it dosent appear to me they gave any thought to styling with the bike.....just my 2 cents

rear rack photo

I would like to buy a rear rack like the one ctateusa has on his white 2006 wolverine, but the picture does not show a good view of it. Does anyone out there have a better picture? Does the rack drastically take away form the 06s sporty apperance? If any one out there has bought one just like it please tell me what you think about it.

I just bought and installed the aftermarket rear rack for the 06 from ebay just like the one Wasinger12 has linked in his message. I think it looks awsome and it does not take away from the 06's sporty apperance. Will post a pic ThE BeaSt oF GuMm hiLL of in the showroom soon.

THAT WAS JUST MY OPIONION......AND ITS NOT VERY GOOD PICS SO ITS HARD TO SEE, I JUST LIKE THE POINTED EDGES ON MINE TO MATCH HOW THE FENDERS LOOK.....

Well my front and rear racks arrived today I will try and get them installed tonight so that everyone can see pics either tomorrow or the next day.

Well unfortunatly the front rack did not come with all the parts to install it. and I have to remove my exhaust to install the rear rack since I have the GYTR pipe on it. I might get around to installing the rear rack tonight and I am going to talk to CMP to get the other part for the front rack sent to me.

I built a custom rack out of a rack from an artic cat at the wreckers. I built the brackets and welded the rack on top.

Works great but has a bit of a slope due to the angle of the fenders.

I'd post pics but as a newbie I don't have a clue how.

Latest posts

Back