rear diff vent

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3ffreak

Reaction score
On my first ride the vent line under the seat, spit out some oil. I followed the line and it goes to the rear diff. Then i checked th oil and it was full but not pouring out. I have 260 kms on the bike and it has done this 3 or 4 times, It's not alot of oil but should I worry about this or take it to the dealer?

Mine has also done this, and I've extended the line into a snorkel. When the diff heats up the oil and expands and same with any air inside so you will get bubbles pushing through. I haven't worried about mine. Somewhere I seen someone actually putting a Vent Bubble from a Suzuki on which would work well if your not afraid of it being torn off. I pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.

I took it to the dealer and he said all of the 450'S are doing the same thing. Thanx for your response

I saw where the guy put the Suzuki item on, looks like a much better design to me. Removes the chance of getting any water/debris in the line. I am hoping to do something similar to mine in the future, looks liek a good cheap upgrade.

I'm one of those guy that has installed Suzuki case breathers. I must say that it works very well.

Here is a picture:

Has anyone had any other problems with this I had to tear my 08 down and grease the rear seal by the swing arm housing, water was getting there through the boot and then allow water to enter the rear diff causing the fluid to spit out the tube( it actually foamed right out the tube under the seat).I also purchased a bellow from a bombadir dealer which I have not installed yet.

What I've done

Heres what I did to fix this situation.
Remove axle and cleaned the gear
Used Marine grease to prevent water from entering the seal.
Used a clamp to secure the boot from sliding forward.( if this does not keep the water out will find a smaller clamp and fully secure the boot).
Finally purchased a bellow from a can am dealer.

Attachments

• 2010_01230004.jpg
    2010_01230004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 52
  • 2010_01230002.jpg
    2010_01230002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2010_02130011.jpg
    2010_02130011.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 43
Do you have the part number by chance ? Also is there any other fittings or parts i should get to do this ? I plan on changing my front and rear diff. fluids this weekend and it would be a great time to install this on my quad.

Part number for the bellows? No not off hand but they are hard to find on the internet.Will have to contact a dealer, I only paid $5, they through in the spring clamp.

Right on ! I will give the local can-am dealer a buzz in the morning to see if they have them on hand.

Went to the dealer and had a hard time getting a part number, They only had 2 models on the showroom floor and they didnt have the bellows on the Diffs. And ideas for getting the part numbers ?

I was looking for this!
I just noticed tonight on my 07 that the right side of my air box was soaked with fluid on the front and right side. It appears that it is as well the rear axle vent tube and it stops right at the top of the air box and it has that nice diff smell.
Dan

Oh mine got really bad. Changed the fluid many times.

Still not sure if its corrected haven't had it in water yet.

I haven't installed the bellows either much easier to notice a problem from under the seat.

Well I am going to figure out what all is needed to do this mod. The post from a few years ago i think is a "how-too". There was a few different parts and a trip to the Auto parts store for fittings. I'm thinking now there has to be a part that will go right in and then we could be done with that god forsaken vent tube up to the airbox.

dont know if it helps but my uncle has a suzuki eiger 400 that has that vent part. i have wanted to try it just didnt know if it would really help with the problem. i found the part number to the suzuki eiger on albaaction.com. you have to search for a 05 suzuki f400f the number is SKU: 27491-38F00. and expect one to one and a half weeks if you order it from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was the first chance I had to do some serious water riding and so far it is fine I will keep everyone updated on it. I have not installed the bellow yet.If water gets in the rear diff it will be easier to check with the tube and the bellows will not allow the fluid to escape. Remember the new wolverines allow water in through the back seal by the drive shaft.

Its been a while but this bellow does not fit right and will fall off.

Latest posts

Back