rear brake issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogener

Reaction score
I just put new rear brakes, chain, and rear axle bearings on my warrior. I have an after market rotor on also. when I put the new pads on and mount the caliper up properly it pulls the rotor over and cuases the rear brakes to drag to much and streatch my new chain to fast. Is there any adjustment I can make to the caliper or mounts to compensate for the new pads so it doesnt pull the rotor over? I'm looking for a cheap fix cuase I'm poor as hell and can't afford to be buying to many new parts.

anything else? I can visibly see the rotor being pulled towards the mounts for the rear caliper when I tighten the bolts, and when you look at the back you can see that its being pulled over.

truthfully i dont really understand your problem i realize the rotor is being pulled but i dont see how cuz it has the axle going through it and then 4 bolts holding it in place other than the rotor bolts and the axle bolts and chain tensioner bolts being loose it doesnt make any sense to me unless you carrier bearings are bad

its like the caliper is sitting wrong, theres new bearings for the axle, there tightend properly and equally. I think it is acting like the caliper is not floating properlly to the rotor or something for mounting the caliper is bent .

I think I know whats going on. Your caliper slides on a pin and a pin bolt. You probably just unbolted the main bracket and installed new pads. What you need to do is pull the assembly off again -mine as well remove it totally. Disconnect the brake line as working on it while connected will be difficult.

What is most likely happening is the pin bolt is frozen. You are going to need to remove the caliper from the mounting bracket. If it is frozen (pin bolt)-it can be a difficult disassembly. I had a hell of a time getting it out. Don't screw up the caliper, boot grooves in the caliper or the bracket. The bolt only costs a few bucks and mine was trash when I was done. Your also going to need new rubber boots for the pins. They are cheap also(buy an extra set for the pin bolt). don't try and reinstall the old boots -it ain't happening. use water resistant grease or anti seize lube. When it is working correctly, you should be able to slide the caliper easily the full distance of the pin bolt.

Good practice to relube it everytime you change pads

ok I think I know what your talking about, I'll try and get into it tomorrow some and see for sure.

+1 on the sliders being froze. Probably got some water in there, and now they're rusted or corroded and aren't sliding anymore. I'd take it all apart and try cleaning out all the crap the best i could, then grease it up good and try your luck again. I had something like this happen once, and it was for the same reason. Just cleaned it up good, sanded down the rust and corrosion, and greased the crap out of it when I re-assembled it and it's working like new since.

I had a problem like that when i worked on my axle. I didnt have the axle pushed all the way through, so i pushe she axle all the way in and tightened the axle nuts. If that doesnt help o well, just make sure its not taht.

no luck getting it apart yet but I might try some more stuff tonight. right now I have a good coating of penitrating fluid on it to help free it up.

I managed to get it apart after lots of work and time, now I just have to find replacement parts.

Back