Rear Axle Problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bw4202006

Reaction score
U guys have been really helpful on my last question and I thank ya all. Now im trying toi replace the rear axle because it is bent. I got everything off except the rotor and tried removing the axle from the hub and it moved about an inch or so and seems to be sticking. The axle is junk anyway and tried tapping the end of the axle with a hammer but nothing. The bend in the axle shouldnt have anything to do with it cause the bend is on the left side. Any suggestions guys?

So you already have the axle out of the carrier?

If so, and it's just the rotor hub stuck on the splines, it's probably corrosion and rust holding it on. Soak it with some PB Blaster and keep tapping it with a hammer until it decides to come loose.

No I cant get the axle out of the carrier. I moved about an inch or so and then just froze.

Pound the **** out of it, it'll come out. Once they're in there a while it takes a lot to get them back out. I played around trying to get mine out to change the bearings for about 6 hours, before I just got pissed and swung at it as hard as I could with a 5 pound sledge. Sent the whole axle with the rotor flying across the garage like a torpedo and knocked over a bunch of lumber leaning against the wall. Epic.

lol nice .. mine came right out when i did my bearings but i dont even know how it was spinning because my bearings were done.. rusted so much you couldnt even spin them

I got tired of trying to get mine off, and took it to the shop, where they pressed it off. It took them about an hour to get it loose. The person I bought it from did not beleive in preventative maintenace (grease)!

Back