Rear Axle Nut coming loose

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwgblanks

Reaction score
I changed my axle bearings on my warrior a couple months ago. tightened the axle nut, then the other nut behind it. It comes loose after every ride. I'm going to try loctite. Anybody had any trouble with this before? When I say loose, I mean i can move it with my fingers after a 2 hr ride. I used a 2 inch crescent wrench and even tapped on it a little with a mallet. Help me pleeeeeease. I hope I haven't ruined the new bearings.

I had the same problem. Used loctite once, but it made it a huge bitch to get them back off again. A trick I learned from a few of the local guys is to wrap them tightly with a few laps of black electrical tape (good 3m stuff, not cheap dollar store stuff). That's worked for me so far.

I just recently noticed this happening on mine also, I tightend it up but have'nt rode it after that, i'll probably end up taping it.

So I assume the tape would keep them together, not allowing them to seperate and back off. I'll try either that or the wire. Thanks alot.

I had the same problem - used penetrating loctite

u can use locktite but for you guys who go gunho with it a little goes a long ways trust me use a few drops not the hole bottle on it

Back