rear axle hard to turn. Help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colbthompson

Reaction score
I just replaced the chain on my 89' warrior. The chain is adjusted correctly. I went to push it and it's like the rear brake is on. It spins, but is extremely hard. I thought it was the rear brake so I took the caliper off and still is hard to rotate. It Makes A Groaning sound. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks

It turns just fine. The old chain was stretched out so when I put the new one on I had to adjust the tensioners so the new chain would fit and since then it has been difficult to turn the wheels.

Just guessing here ...but It could be you have one side of the chain adjusters out more than the other side. This puts the chain at an angle to the rear sprocket. Both chain adjusters need to be even

How easy does the front sprocket turn on the motor with the chain off? Some motors even in neutral have a lot of drag that could keep the rear tires from spinning freely.

I figured it out. Its embarrassing to even say. The rotor was grinding the guard underneath it. Stupid. Thanks for everyone's help

Latest posts

Back